Sunday, June 7, 2015

A very busy sketch



I was not going to enter this card in the challenge over at Happy Little Stampers, because the more  looked at it the more I realized I totally over thought the sketch. I have the tendency to do this, especially with photo and sketch challenges. But I thought what the heck, you all should see the bad along with the good or at least what I think is good. This is definitely in the not good category.
 The problem is I felt I needed to capture each element in the sketch, otherwise I feel like I am cheating. But do not listen to me. The idea of a sketch is it is a guide not directions to be followed to the letter.


I like the idea of the card but would have gotten rid of some of the elements such as the leaves hanging down below the banner and the leaves under the pink flower. Then it would have been more CAS and not to busy.

 



I am busy with school for the next few weeks, when I am done, maybe I will try to remake the card and see what you all think. In the mean time, head on over to Happy Little Stampers and show me how it is done!

6 comments:

Loll said...

Hi Sue. You are too hard on yourself. I think your card is great. And great job with the sketch. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. xx

Em Louise Fairley said...

Sue this is beautiful! You've not over thought it at all. It's a great interpretation xxx

Linda said...

Love this! xx

Birgit said...

I think this is a sweet card and you are definitely being too hard on yourself. Embrace your creative side and go with it! I'm super happy to be teaming up with you at HLS!

Joyce said...

I think that you are perhaps too hard on yourself. We all are, but hopefully all these nice comments will allow you to see that your card is really quite pretty and a fabulous take on the sketch. I also tend towards a more literal interpretation of sketches, but am trying to be more free of that. Especially now that I am on a DT, I will try to show our readers different ways to look at the sketch. Congrats on earning the DT spot, and I am happy that we will be working together.

Kylie said...

Sue! I think this was a total success. You captured the sketch beautifully while putting your own spin on it. The flowers are awesome and I love the banner! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx