Saturday, April 25, 2015

It's all about the space


It's all about the space, 'bout the space, 'bout the space, no clutter!

Hi Everyone! Today I am the guest designer at Inkspiration! How exciting! They picked me because they really liked this post. That was a fun card, but today's card is much more in my wheel house.


When Marina sent me the inspiration I realized many folk will go in a certain direction. Not me, I always have to push and buck the system. So what is the word? It is SPACE!!!! Now you might understand tribute to Meghan Trainor.  I am a CAS gal at heart so it really is about the space, no clutter. Susan from Simplicity is one of my idols. She is definitely about the white space!

I actually made several different designs but I take being a guest designer seriously and did not want to disappoint you with something that was just too simplistic. This design was based on a favorite Easter card from my DH and is a great way to use those tiny stamps that often perplex us. Today I used a very old StampinUp stamp paired with an equally old sentiment from A Muse. 


Be sure to head on over to Inkspiration and see what the DT has come up with. I am heading over their now myself! An remember- SHOW ME YOUR SPACE!!!


5 comments:

Marina said...

Those vases are so little and cute and perfectly coloured and I love how you have put them in the inked circle and then all that SPACE! What a great design. Yes I agree - a fabulous idea for small stamps. On a CAS card like this there's nowhere to hide any errors, so your skill really shines through. Thanks you so much for this wonderful card and for being our Guest Designer at Inkspirational.

sandie said...

Wonderful to have you is our GD and I am with you on the space, it has to be 'white space' and you have done this beautifully. All that yummy free space with the tiny flowers and the perfect placement of the images, a real joy!

cm said...

First, super congrats on joining the Male Room DT! Way to go! Second, your 'space' card is absolutely fantastic: a sweet little vase of flowers, perfectly stamped and surrounded by plenty of lovely white space, has brought one enormous smile to my face! Pure delight! Thank you for sharing your amazing creativity with us as our Inkspirational GD!

Sand Lee said...

This is very stunning!

Kim M said...

This is a fantastic CAS card! I'm a sucker for CAS cards myself and you've executed this one perfectly! Love your little vases inside that circle. Great design! So glad you could GD for us over at Ink! :-)