Sunday, February 22, 2015

Just say orange


Orange is a color I don't seem to use a lot, not because I don't like it, but well there are just other colors I like better. So what a way to stretch my wings then participating in the AAA challenge of "Orange U Glad UR CAS. I have spent the last week creating a variety of card using orange as the predominant color. These are the two that made the cut.

The first is CAS, the second is kinda CAS. 



My main card using two different stamp sets, Clearly Besotted's Pretty Petals and for the stems and leaves I used Papertrey Ink's Heart to Heart set #7. I blended Impress tangerine ink and SImon says Stamp orange peel ink for my vibrant tulips. I even did something I rarely do- I finished the inside. 

Are any of you like me? I make my cards and never do the insides, then whenI grab a card at the last minute, I am scrambling to do the inside. My bust buddy told me she always does the inside of the card first, to get it out of the way or incase she messes it up she hasn't messed the whole card. Wise words.


This card makes me yearn for spring. As I look out my studio window all I see is an arctic landscape.


My second card is somewhat unusual- an orange baby card. I suppose it could be for either a boy or girl. I was going to feature this on linky, but I saw someone else did a similar card. This offset two tag idea is pretty popular right now. 




Orange you glad you stopped by to see my orange cards?!!!? Check out the challenge at AAA Cards. You have till Saturday to play along!


4 comments:

Angela said...

Sue, your little ducky is adorable and the stripe dp is strikingly beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing your lovely work with us at AAA Cards!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome cards! I sure miss you at JUGS! Thanks for joining in at AAA!

Linda Beeson said...

These are both great! I love that you even decorated the inside of your card. So glad you could play along with our orange challenge at AAA Cards

Julia said...

Love all the detail, from the rounded edged, and stitching to decorating the inside, too! Sweet card. Thanks for joining AAA.