Sunday, May 11, 2014

Watercolor class homework- direct to stamp



I hope many of you have been able to take advantage of the online card class Watercolor for Cardmakers.  Over the past 6 days there have been fabulous techniques demonstrated by masters in card making such as Jennifer Maguire, Kristina Werner, Jennifer Rzasa, Shari Carroll and Sanketi among others.

On day 4, Shari Carroll showed us how to use gelatos on our stamps for an awesome watercolor look. As you know, not one to keep up on trends I have no gelatos, but I do have watercolor crayons and I used them directly on to the tulip stamp from Rubbernecker and spritzed the stamp heavily with water and I stamped onto watercolor paper.


This card is the second generation stamping that I accented with an extra-fine sharpie to make it look like and outline stamp.


This is the same stamp done with reds. They almost look like poppies don't they? Can't wait to see what else is in store for us!

Hope you enjoyed my take on Shari's technique!




4 comments:

Kathy S said...

What a wonderful job you've done with your watercoloring. Keep up the great work! Don't you just love this class?

Marisa said...

You get an A+ in my books. Gorgeous cards and flower image!

Bobby said...

I am also loving the class. I don't have many stamps that will do the techniques but I'm working on it, if you know what I mean. ;)

Jennifer Rzasa said...

These are SO pretty....lovely job! :)