Monday, January 6, 2014

In a word....



I am keeping with my resolution to participate in challenges other then my design team challenges. CAS-ual Friday always have totally inspiring challenges. This challenge "in a word" asks us to create a card. In their words:

Instead of a resolution, choose a word that describes what you hope for the new year.
maybe it's LOVE if you want to work on your relationships, or DO if you want to challenge yourself to something, or LAUGH if you want to lighten up, etc.



Originally I chose "relax" but "let it go" also resonated and they went together for me. This year I need to take more time to relax. I work FT and am in school FT and have hubby to care for. Thus the need to relax. I also need to "let it go".  I need to let others help me. I am nurse and it is hard to let others do for us. I also tend to be a grudge holder and I need to let go of any bad feelings I tend to harbor. 

This is all something my holistic nursing instructor tried to drill into us. We need to take care of ourselves so we can take care of others!

Soooo..... I need to RELAX AND LET IT GO.

I made  two cards but the husband felt the first invoked the feeling of relaxing and letting go. The second is more stylized feeling of relaxing and letting go.






4 comments:

Jenny Colacicco said...

Cool card - very modern and chill! Like the word, and the idea.

Sylvia Blum said...

I hear you, Sue - great word ;-)
Love your card!
Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!
Sylvia xx

Jingle said...

Your cards are both wonderful! I like how you really worked to evoke the feeling of your word in the cards. GREAT sentiment, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

Kelly Griglione said...

Creative use of the brush strokes for water! Really love this. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!