Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sick Day and Inspiration!


I have been really sick the last few days, I won't bore you with the details, but it did involve a trip to the ER. Today I am feeling better, but wrung out. I thought I would just hang out in the studio and watch some crafting video's. 

Yesterday I received a package from Ranger and Simon says Stamp so I had new stuff to play with. I figured I'd watch video's on some of the new stuff I got. Well before you now it I was up and running- the ideas were swirling and I learned a really important lesson. I had forgotten how to play. Some where along the line it became all about the finished product and not the journey.

Sooooo......

Today I played, I experimented and I had lots of fun!!!

Let me show you all about it.


First, it was time to clean up, I mean how could I possibly work in a 5X5 area!

Next I caught up on the embossing episodes from Jennifer Maguire's Cut Above class. It  was a 2 week class showing how to use dies, embossing folders and the silhouette machine. You can take both parts or just the first part if you don't have a silhouette. Check it out, it was awesome and you can still sign up!!

Here is a sample of the letter press look. It is pretty just like that, but I needed to go one step further.


I gently sponged distress inks onto the raised areas. Next time for the butterfly embellishments.


Do you recognize the stamp companies for the above butterflies? No? Well the big butterfly is Prickly Pear and the smaller one is a die cut I embellished! Could be a stamp and matching die huh?

Here's a short how to.


First die cut, punch or both, a couple of butterflies.


Color with copic markers or whatever coloring medium you want. Outline with a permanent marker.


Then have fun, doodle away and embellish your butterflies. Add to your card.

What fun is that huh?!!!?

I guess being sick was the best way to jump start my creativity!

I hope you try this out!









2 comments:

bevyb said...

Sue T
Glad to hear you are feeling better. Thanks for sharing the idea on the butterfly...cool

Heidi Crowl said...

I really enjoy hearing about and seeing your playful journey! Thank you!