Sunday, September 5, 2010

Back to School



My grand niece starts first grade. Such a milestone in a child's life. I remember my first grade experience. My brother was in 6th grade when I started elementary school. Our school did not have a cafeteria so we ate lunch in the classroom. The first graders had lunch in the 6th graders room for some reason. I cried and cried till I got to eat my lunch at my brothers desk. 


I picked up this stamp from MyFavoriteThings during a recent trip to Scraptasia. I paper pieced the little girl's skirt and sweater  as well as the chalk board. the white pigment ink on the black card stock really looks like a chalk board.


I hope you all are enjoying the most beautiful weekend we have had in months. Spend time outside!


Come back tomorrow for a special announcement!

2 comments:

bevyb said...

I like what you did with this stamp. This card is so cute and very colorful

PatW said...

Oh my goodness! She is so-o-o adorable. The card is perfect for a first grader or for any grade schooler. Great way to start off the a school year. Simply adorable.