Sunday, December 6, 2009

Light Up Your Holidays....

 ..... with these cool switch plate ornaments. 






I went to Lowes and bought the cheapest switch plates with a large center opening. I next covered the switch plate with decorative paper using my favorite embellishment glue stick. I wrapped the paper around to the inside and taped the paper down with masking tape. I punched out the hole for the ribbon.






Cut out the center and adhere with masking tape a piece of acetate over the window. Cut the backing to fit the switch plate and punch out the opening for the ribbon.  You may decorate the inside of this piece or cut out an opening so you can see through the ornament. (I like this idea as it allows the lights on the tree to shine through.) 




Lastly embellish your switch plate. I adhere these to the front of the plate with foam tape. Add the ribbon and your switch plate ornaments are ready for gift giving.



Hope you are having fun creating this holiday season!!


Sue T.

No comments: